Monday, June 18, 2012

Strawberry Dream

This past weekend, I had a potluck to attend and wasn't quite sure what I wanted to bring. I had my eyes on something made with Strawberries because they were on sale at Ralphs for 88 cents per box all last week and continue to be that price until this Tuesday-- Go stock up! Anyway, I had a box in my fridge already so I decided to get to work. This is one of my favorite recipes that I have sent to several people through recipe exchanges. The muffin is so light and fluffy it's like biting into a cloud! The original recipe is made with blueberries but I wanted to use strawberries. I remember making some strawberry shortcake cookies when I was studying abroad, they were really delicious but a little too soft because of the moisture from the strawberries... since then I've always wanted to make a Strawberry muffin and this was my chance! Although this recipe came out great and the muffins were enjoyed by everyone, I prefer it made with blueberries. Oh and the best part about this recipe is that it has really simple measurements. The original recipe is here, but I'm posting the one with the changes that I made. 
I wanted to test out a buzzfeed tip on how to hull strawberries. It worked! :) I would suggest using a boba straw because it gets the whole stem out and it doesn't bend as easily.
Strawberry Cream Muffins
Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sour cream
3 cups strawberries hulled and diced (or fresh/frozen blueberries)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
  2. In large bowl beat eggs, gradually add sugar while beating. Continue beating while slowly pouring in oil. Stir in vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda.
  3. Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture alternately with sour cream. Gently fold in blueberries. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment