Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mint Chip Cookies!

My aunt is visiting from Taiwan and she was telling me about this mint/chocolate cake from Singapore that was the best thing she ever ate...and after hearing her say that, I thought to myself as Barney Stinson would say, "challenge accepted!" However since I'm heading to Tahoe for a weekend snowboardng trip I figured I would make cookies instead as they are easier to transport to NorCal. These are your average cholocated cookie with the addition of mint chopped mint chocolate. I had Hershey mint truffles but go ahead and use andres. These cookies taste like a softer version of thin mints.. Pop them in the freezer for a cool treat!

Mint Chip Cookies
Makes 30 cookies

Ingredients
1 stick and 2 tbs butter softened
1 cups white sugar
1 eggs
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened Hershey cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped min chocolate

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
3. Then beat the egg and add the vanilla into the sugar mixture
4. In a separate bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt
5. Gradually combine dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
6. Fold in chocolate chips.
7. Scoop with a tablespoon and roll into a ball shape 1 inch in diameter. Slightly flatten before baking for 8-10 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment